- PAT-IN-THE-PAN CRUST:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- PINEAPPLE TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, juice drained and reserved
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- Combine crust ingredients; pat into the bottom of a 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Beat cream cheese in a mixing bowl until fluffy; beat in sugar and eggs. Stir in juice. Pour filling over hot crust. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until center is set. Cool. For topping, combine flour and sugar in saucepan. Stir in 1 cup of reserved pineapple juice. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; fold in pineapple. Cool. Whip cream until soft peaks form; fold into topping. Spread carefully over dessert. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Garnish with strawberries if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forPineapple Cheese Torte
"I prepared this torte and I found this recipe very simple to prepare. I used 1 cup orange juice for the topping as I'd used the drained juice from the crushed pineapple for the filling.I used a greased and floured 12x8" baking pan. I found that I needed to bake torte 10 extra minutes and then the filling firmed up. I'd cooled pineapple topping, spread over the cream cheese layer, then I'd added an 8-oz. tub of Cool Whip. This dessert still looked impressive.delowenstein"
"This is perfect for a summer treat! Cool and creamy, the flavors are amazing!"
"very good and easy to make."
"Wow! This is wonderful! It has a light and refreshing taste without being overly sweet. Perfect for summer time or after a hot/spicy dish. I ran out of pineapple juice so I had to substitute 1 cup of orange juice for the cup of pineapple juice in the topping. It still tasted great. My husband regrets that he has to share this."
"Wonderful flavor, be careful not to press the crust too firmly- grin ;)"