Pineapple Cheese Spread
"This satisfying snack is real treat for my husband, who's watching his weight," reports Cindy Smith of Adel, Iowa. "Crushed pineapple adds a hint of sweetness to my low-fat version of a spread sold at a grocery store chain."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- Reduced-fat crackers
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 100 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Originally published as Pineapple Cheese Spread in Quick Cooking May/June 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.