Pineapple Carrot Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 jars (6 ounces each) carrot baby food
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Additional chopped walnuts, optional
- 1. In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add the oil, eggs and baby food; mix on low speed until well blended. Stir in pineapple and nuts. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. For frosting, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in vanilla and confectioners' sugar until mixture reaches spreading consistency. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Garnish with nuts if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 798 calories, 46g fat (13g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 569mg sodium, 92g carbohydrate (70g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Carrot Cake
"I make this cake on a regular basis. I don't change anything on the recipe. I can't count how many times I have been asked to share the recipe."
"I can't believe I have not reviewed this recipe before now! I have made this for many years and it is still a favorite for my entire family!! I love not having to grate the carrots but still have great carrot flavor with the baby food in the recipe! I also LOVE the pineapple it adds another layer of sweetness!! You will not be disappointed in this recipe!"
"I used shredded real carrots and substituted some applesauce in place of oil. Delicious."
"This cake is delicious! I pretty much stayed true to the recipe, I like the option of using baby food puree if in a hurry. Another reviewer said to use 3 shredded carrots instead, I had wondered what the equivalent amount would be, so I'm glad to have this info. I have a carrot cake cheesecake recipe and I usually sub this carrot cake for the one in the recipe."
"This cake is great but here's a few changes I made that made it soooo good. My husband and Brother-in-law raved over it.Use 5 real carrots. It has such a better texture and mouth feel using real shredded carrots.Also I substituted 1/2 c of oil out of 1 1/2 with a 4 ounce cup of applesauce.The best part is omitting the cream cheese frosting and using a buttemilk glaze for carrot cake. (The one with baking soda(!) and buttermilk). I was skeptical but my mom asked me to try it and it was superb. This cake looks and tastes like a gourmet bakery cake. Please try these variations and comment on what you think."