Pineapple Boat with Fluffy Fruit Dip
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes6 cups dip
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 large ripe pineapple
- Additional orange and lemon zest, optional
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160*. Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese. Gradually add egg mixture, beating until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Fold in whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving.
- Stand pineapple upright and vertically cut about a third from one side, leaving the top attached. Remove fruit and discard outer peel from the smaller section. Remove fruit from the larger section, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cut fruit into chunks.
- Fill shell with dip. Sprinkle with and orange and lemon zest if desired. Serve with pineapple chunks and other fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 25, 2017
I put this fruit dip on top of pineapple upside down cupcakes and sprinkled with toasted coconut - so delicious!
Mar 9, 2014
I recently made this for a Hawaiian Luau. I have never heard of using an egg in a fruit dip so I was a little afraid but it was very good. And it was fluffly just like the name. Goes good with most any fruit and makes quit a big batch. I would definately make this again! Yum!