- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 large ripe pineapple
- Additional orange and lemon peel, optional
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160*. Remove from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese. Gradually add egg mixture, beating until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Fold in whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving.
- Stand pineapple upright and vertically cut about a third from one side, leaving the top attached. Remove fruit and discard outer peel from the smaller section. Remove fruit from the larger section, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cut fruit into chunks.
- Fill shell with dip. Sprinkle with and orange and lemon peel if desired. Serve with pineapple chunks and other fruit. Yield: 6 cups dip.
Reviews forPineapple Boat with Fluffy Fruit Dip
"I put this fruit dip on top of pineapple upside down cupcakes and sprinkled with toasted coconut - so delicious!"
"I recently made this for a Hawaiian Luau. I have never heard of using an egg in a fruit dip so I was a little afraid but it was very good. And it was fluffly just like the name. Goes good with most any fruit and makes quit a big batch. I would definately make this again! Yum!"