Pineapple Beets Recipe
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits with juice
- 1 can (16 ounces) sliced beets, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and salt; add pineapple and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thick, about 2 minutes.
- 2. Add the beets, butter and lemon juice; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 124 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Beets
"The combination of beets and pineapple is pleasant surprise!!"
"If you like beets this is a good recipe, but it is still beets."
"Excellent recipe!!!Delish and so easy to make. Definite keeper !"
"I love beets and this is a great addition using pineapple. I served it Thanksgiving and everyone raved about it. The only change I will make is to double the recipe next time."
"I made this for dinner last night and it was a great success. I substituted one Tablespoon of Splenda Brown Sugar for the 2 Tablespoons brown sugar and it cam out beautiful."