- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) sliced beets, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch and salt; add pineapple and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thick, about 2 minutes. Add the beets, butter and lemon juice; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPineapple Beets
"I improvised with crushed pineapple instead. I would have liked to rinse and chop the beets too. But as far as the basic recipe...2 thumbs up. ?"
"The combination of beets and pineapple is pleasant surprise!!"
"If you like beets this is a good recipe, but it is still beets."
"Excellent recipe!!!Delish and so easy to make. Definite keeper !"
"I love beets and this is a great addition using pineapple. I served it Thanksgiving and everyone raved about it. The only change I will make is to double the recipe next time."
"I made this for dinner last night and it was a great success. I substituted one Tablespoon of Splenda Brown Sugar for the 2 Tablespoons brown sugar and it cam out beautiful."