- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup mashed banana (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the egg, oil, sugar, banana and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pineapple and nuts.
- Pour into two greased and floured 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 mini loaves.
Reviews forPineapple Banana Bread with Walnuts
"Made this into muffins for lunch today. It makes 12 small muffins. Everyone ate 2 because they were small (but that's OK). Baked them for 22 min. Really nice and moist. I too used 2 bananas (almost 1 cup mashed). Next time I would double the cinnamon."
"I tried this recipe making 12 muffins instead of the bread--the muffins were fantastic! This recipe is definitely a keeper. I can't say enough. My husband and I give this recipe five stars. I followed the recipe exactly except I used two medium bananas instead of one banana as the recipe suggested. The two bananas equaled just about one cup of banana pulp after I put the bananas into the blender to make them nice and smooth. I baked the muffins five minutes longer until they tested done. The pineapple and banana combination gives these muffins a wonderful flavor, and they were nice and light and tender. While baking in the oven the muffins makes the whole house have a wonderful aroma. Thank you Grace Gibbons for sharing this wonderful recipe."
"Delicious! I used fat free Greek yogurt instead of oil, cut the sugar a bit, and added some chia seeds. 1 1/2 recipes made 16 muffins, which baked in 18 minutes. Definitely worth making again."
"This bread sure looks moist and yummy! Plan to make soon!!"
"I followed the recipe exactly. Talk about moist and yummy. These are it. I cooked mine in a 12 cupcake pan for 20 min. They came out perfectly. SJS9"
"Wow! I added 1/4 c. coconut to the batter at the end...It is simply fabulous. Came out nice and fluffy. This was eaten within 24 hours..."
"I doubled this recipe and it was moist and delicious! Made for the gang at work and it was a huge success. Planning on making smaller loaves and wrapping them with a bow and give them out for Xmas."
"As Rachel Ray would say, it's "Yum-o!" Plus, it's so easy."
"I would definitely make again. It was so moistand really delicious. I omitted the nuts but I'm sure it would be great with the nuts."