Eating pizza is fun, but making it with your favorite ingredients is even better—especially when you can do it in 30 minutes or less! Just ask Amanda Hoffman of Worthington, Minnesota. "One weekend, when I was home from college, I made this for my family and they absolutely loved it. It's equally good with chicken instead of bacon."
Recommended: Our Best Bacon Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 prebaked Italian bread shell crust (10 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 package (7 ounces) sliced Jones Canadian Bacon, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- Place the crust on an ungreased 14-in. pizza pan. Top with sauce, pineapple, nuts, bacon and cheese. Bake at 450° for 8-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Bacon Pizza in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p6