- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice. In a large bowl, combine the apples, pineapple and reserved juice. Combine the flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to apple mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to pastry.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour and butter; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is browned. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forPineapple Apple Pie
"Have made this pie several times for the family and even for a church social. Turns out great every time and is a favorite in our house."
"I made this pie and my family loved it. I did not prebake the crust and it was not soggy. I did use Whey Low Gold in the topping. I will definitely make this again!"
"I made it today - my husband and I loved it."
"I did like this pie, but had a couple of issues with the recipe itself. For one, it doesn't say to prebake the pie crust, and it definitely needs to since the crust was still gooey raw after 45 minutes in the oven. Secondly, why measure out 3/4 cup liquid from the can when that was barely what came out of it? Just dump the whole can in."
"This is a fantastic recipe! You wouldn't even know there is pineapple in this recipe. Great tasting and healthy!"