Pineapple Angel Dessert
Sprinkling slices of angel food cake with confectioners' sugar gives each bite a sweet and crunchy texture. Be sure to watch closely so the sugar doesn't burn.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground ginger
- 4 slices prepared angel food cake (1 inch thick)
- Confectioners' sugar
- Toasted sweetened shredded coconut
- In a small saucepan, combine the pineapple, sugar, cream, cinnamon and ginger. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the cake on a baking sheet and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Broil 5-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle sauce over the cake; sprinkle with coconut.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 157 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Pineapple Angel Dessert in 2001 Taste of Home Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.