I serve this entree salad in hollowed-out pineapple halves as a pretty company dish. Tender chicken tossed with fruit, nuts and veggies is delicious with a mild curry dressing.—Ryma Shohami, Montreal, QC
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 4 cups sliced cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Cut pineapple in half; remove fruit, leaving 1-in. shells. Set shells aside for serving; cut fruit into cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, onion, celery, raisins, almonds and 1 cup cubed pineapple (refrigerate remaining pineapple for another use).
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, pineapple juice, mustard, curry and salt; add to chicken salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Line pineapple shells with lettuce if desired; fill with chicken salad. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Chicken and Pineapple Salad in Country Woman February/March 2010, p38