Pine Nut Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 cups chopped pine nuts or almonds
- 1/3 cup butter
- Place flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Beat eggs in another shallow bowl. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Coat with flour mixture; dip into eggs. Pat the nuts firmly onto both sides of chicken.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken in butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned and juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 448 calories, 35g fat (10g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Jan 15, 2015
This recipe has potential. It was basically a chicken schnitzel with a faintly crunchy taste of pine nut. Even the frying didn't toast the pine nuts for them to really make a "Wow!" dish. What I did was add some sliced sundried tomatoes with Italian herbs to the top. Then top that with grated Fontina cheese (could have used Parmesan) and place under the broiler for a minute. Now it's yummy!I may try using roasted red peppers instead of the sundried tomatoes next time. Fresh basil would also be nice under the cheese.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.