- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 cups chopped pine nuts or almonds
- 1/3 cup butter
- Place flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Beat eggs in another shallow bowl. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Coat with flour mixture; dip into eggs. Pat the nuts firmly onto both sides of chicken.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken in butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned and juices run clear. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forPine Nut Chicken
"This recipe has potential. It was basically a chicken schnitzel with a faintly crunchy taste of pine nut. Even the frying didn't toast the pine nuts for them to really make a "Wow!" dish. What I did was add some sliced sundried tomatoes with Italian herbs to the top. Then top that with grated Fontina cheese (could have used Parmesan) and place under the broiler for a minute. Now it's yummy!I may try using roasted red peppers instead of the sundried tomatoes next time. Fresh basil would also be nice under the cheese."