- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 1 teaspoon each coconut, rum and vanilla extracts
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or chopped pecans
- Line the bottoms of three greased and floured 8x4-in. loaf pans with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, pineapple and walnuts.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Gently remove waxed paper. Yield: 3 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews forPina Colada Zucchini Bread
"quick breads usually need to bake for at least an hour at 350. baking this bread for 60 - 65 minutes will eliminate the raw centers that some people had problems with. I baked it for 60 minutes and it was completely done inside. The taste was amazing! What a wonderful change from the standard zucchini bread. I added a heaping 1/2 cup of coconut. Yum!"
"I just made this tonight and it is OH SO DELICIOUS! After reading some of the reviews about the bread not getting done in the middle I decided to try muffins first. I only had to cook them about 30 minutes and they were perfect. Then I made a light glaze and drizzled over the top of the muffins. I used powdered sugar, the juice from the pineapple, the same extracts as listed in the recipe (only I used 1/4 teaspoon of each) and I had some Coconut Creme Coffee Mate and used it to thin the glaze down. Oh my! It really added to the flavor of the muffins! My husband ate 3 of them right away....and this from a man who doesn't really like sweets! I give this a 5 star rating.....and if I could it would be a 10 star!"
"This was wonderful! My husband really liked it also."
"How big is the can of pineapple?"
"After reading all the reviews, made it several times BUT it is ALWAYS raw in the middle whether using loaf pans or mini loaf pans. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I end up throwing the raw middle away. It's a shame cause I really like it."
"Based on previous comments about this being a little too sweet, I went ahead and cut the sugar down to 2 c. Only other thing I did differently was make it into muffins rather than a loaf (during Texas summers, the shorter time you have the oven on, the better). This is delicious! Looking forward to making it again very soon!"
"I have been making this recipe for years. I have a request for our chritmas in Sept. so I will use the small foil loaf pans and give them to everybody"
"It was ok."