- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 2 envelopes whipped topping mix
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 8 maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk, whipped topping and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Stir in the pineapple and extract.
- Spoon into eight dessert dishes, 3/4 cup in each. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chilled. Sprinkle each serving with 1-1/2 teaspoons coconut and top each with a cherry. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPina Colada Pudding Cups
"creamy and not overly sweet"
"The only change I made was to cut the recipe in- half. It is so good!!! This is a definite keeper for us. Be sure and give it a try."
"I used white chocolate sugar free instant pudding. Everything else I did exactly as the recipe states. My husband said the only thing wrong with the recipe was that it didn't make enough. He is ready for me to make more. My son usually doesn't like coconut but decided to try it and he loved the toasted coconut. This is definitely a recipe I will keep and make again and again."
"So light and refreshing. I made it exactly as the recipe indicates and wouldn't change a thing."
"Skipped the toasted coconut and used light cool whip instead of Dream Whip....but it was still a WONDERFUL dessert. Will be making it again very soon!!"
"The fastest way to toast coconut is by using the broiler. It only takes a few seconds. Make sure to watch the coconut closely as it will burn. Hope this helps."
"Definitely, it was awesome. Just great for a hot, summer dessert. I give it five starts"
"Loved this recipe, omitted the toasted coconut as I had none on hand, but still was delightful. Sliced some banana on top and had for breakfast the next morning, yummy!"
"http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/questionsandanswers/a/fatfreeproducts.htmWhenever you see "trans fat free" on a label, you should look at the ingredient list. If you see "partially hydrogenated oil", that is trans fat. If you see "hydrogenated oil", that is most probably trans fat. If you see "fully hydrogenated oil", that is supposed to be very low in trans fats."