- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Pineapple chunks and freshly shredded coconut, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. In a large saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the cream of coconut, sour cream, soda and reserved pineapple juice. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Fold in the flaked coconut, nuts and reserved pineapple. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- To serve, unmold salad onto a platter. Fill the center with pineapple chunks and shredded coconut if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPina Colada Molded Salad
"This is a delicious salad or [as I served it] dessert. I forgot to buy lemon-lime soda, so I made up an equivalent amount of lemonade with a powdered mix and added some lime juice to it. I also left out the macadamia nuts. I filled the center with a mixture of pineapple tidbits and cubed mangoes. I took this to a potluck and it went over very well."
"I love Pineapple & Coconut Cream! This recipe is a BIG TICK for me! Thanks ??"
"Great recipe, but I will use lemon gelatin and the juice from the pineapple can."
"This can also be made with lemon jello rather than the unflavored (or sugar free lemon jello to save a few calories). It saves some time and effort that way. Just dissolve the jello, using the juice if you wish, as you would for any gelatin salad and then continue with step two."
"Karway 44 very clever ideas will use them this weekend when I make this for a party. Thanks"
"Very blah tasting even after adding extra coconut flavoring. Maybe a pineapple gelatin would help rather than an unflavored gelatin, or a flavored yogurt would add taste."
"I took this salad to an office potluck, although I did not use a mold, and it was a hit, with many people asking for the recipe. Now I plan to take the salad to a retirement party for the judge I worked for--so glad the recipe was easy to retrieve online! Pina Colada is a favorite flavor of mine and this salad is so good!"
"I had this at a Christmas brunch and at first people were passing it by. But once someone tasted it and raved about it, it was a huge hit. My whole family loved it."