- 1 can (10 ounces) frozen non-alcoholic pina colada mix, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pineapple-orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1-1/2 cups green grapes
- 1-1/2 cups seedless red grapes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Thinly sliced fresh mint, optional
- For dressing, mix first five ingredients until sugar is dissolved. Place fruit in a large bowl; toss gently with dressing.
- Refrigerate, covered, until serving. If desired, top with mint. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPina Colada Fruit Salad
"Made this for a dinner party this weekend. Loved it. Could cut back on the sugar to maybe a 1 / 4 cup as the fruit and juices are sweet as well. I did not have pineapple chunks but I did have crushed pineapple. Using the juice from the pineapples combined with 1 / 4 cup of orange juice worked. Mixed the crushed pineapple and the juicesl in with the pina colada mix."
"The pina colada mixture was too sweet and overpowering. Also, there was way too much liquid for the amount of fruit and I didn't even put it all in. The liquid was also unappealing looking. Wish it had worked out better."
"Such a refreshing taste from the pina colada mix. It is such a versatile recipe. You can mix and match fruit to suit your taste!"
"Delicious..I used frozen pineapple,added flaked sweet coconut and blackberries. I omitted the sugar and extracts.It was so refreshing..Will make it again."
"When I saw this recipe in my Simple and Delicious magazine for April/May, I couldn't wait to try it. Had it for dessert tonight, YUM! I just had orange juice at home, and it was really good. Will make again. Thank you for sharing this recipe."
"I used fresh pineapple chunks, 9 oz. Pina Colada mix and 4 oz. Coconut Rum. I added no juice. It has a great flavor. We made a meal of just the fruit. Thank you."
"i used fresh pineapple chunks and 1/2 can of the pc mix and 1/2 the sugar as well - mixed it all up and let it chill overnite in the fridge... so much better the next day - I served it over angel or plane pound cake and cool whip - so yum! next time I make this will add some mango!"
"Sounds great - Looking at the picture - what are the greens I see?"
"Needs a splash of rum"
"Made this for the fourth, it was a big hit. Thank's for the recipe. LeeAnn Treacher Elkhart,In"