Pina Colada Bundt Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, water, eggs and rum; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Stir in pineapple. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 cup confectioners' sugar and pineapple juice; brush over warm cake. Cool cake completely.
- In another bowl, mix cream of coconut, rum and remaining confectioners' sugar; drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with coconut.
Editor's NoteTo toast coconut, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 495 calories, 25g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 6, 2018
This cake is easy to make. I added a little more coconut to the top of the cake. Other than that, it was made according to recipe. This cake is so yummy! The amount of rum is just right. I was asked for the recipe and received lots of compliments!
Jun 5, 2018
Made this cake for Easter and it was a big success with my family.
May 18, 2018
This cake was delicious. My guests loved it, as did my family. For those that said it falls apart when slicing, I would suggest draining the pineapple really really good. You need to do more than just dump it in a strainer. Push and keep pushing the pineapple against the strainer with a large serving spoon. Let sit and then do it again. The pineapple needs to be almost completely dry. Sometimes I even squeeze it in my hand.
Nov 24, 2016
Yes, it was a moist cake, but it crumbled when cutting it. I thought that 1 cup of oil seemed like too much. I would be tempted to cut down on the oil, if I tried the recipe again.
Mar 28, 2016
We LOVE this cake!! It is moist and delicious. The only problem I have is that it crumbles when I cut it -- but, not because it is dry -- maybe because of the pineapple? Does anyone else have this problem?
Jan 17, 2016
This is the most moist and delicious cake I have ever made. I made it for a Christmas get together with friends and it was a huge hit. I will definitely make this again.
Jan 17, 2016
Whole family loved it and especially raved about how moist it was.
Dec 28, 2015
****1/2 Stars. Tasted Good. I was wondering if they used dark Rum? I used Bacardi White. Could not find the brand of Cream of Coconut but local liquor store had COCO REAL. Had some problem with getting crushed pineapple disbursed evenly. Otherwise a beautiful cake.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.