Pina Colada Biscuits
This recipe is quick to make and tastes great. You'll think you're on a tropical vacation! —Carolyn Piette, Johnston, Rhode Island
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits, well drained
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven 450°. In a large bowl, whisk biscuit mix and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk milk, egg and vanilla; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times. Pat or roll dough to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Originally published as Pina Colada Scones in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.