Pimiento-Stuffed Olive Bread
Salty olives pair well with this bread's cream cheese and chives. Even folks who normally avoid olives can't resist slices of this colorful bread.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and sugar. In another bowl, whisk egg and buttermilk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the Swiss cheese, olives and walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and chives. Serve with bread. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 238 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 551mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Pimiento-Stuffed OIive Bread in Best of Country Breads
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.