Pimiento Cheese-Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms
When your friends take a look at this pretty appetizer, they'll know they're at a party. There's nothing better than nibbling on one of these comforting snacks while watching fall football. They are cheesy, bacony and superb. —Elizabeth Bennett, Mill Creek, Washington
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) artichoke bottoms, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cooked bacon strips, chopped, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Cut a thin layer from bottom of artichokes to level if necessary. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the cheeses, pimientos, mayonnaise, half of the bacon, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon cheese mixture into each artichoke; top with remaining bacon. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with onions.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed artichoke: 60 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Pimento Cheese Stuffed Artichoke Hearts in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012