Pimiento Cheese-Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms
When your friends take a look at this pretty appetizer, they'll know they're at a party. There's nothing better than nibbling on one of these comforting snacks while watching fall football. They are cheesy, bacony and superb. —Elizabeth Bennett, Mill Creek, Washington
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) artichoke bottoms, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cooked bacon strips, chopped, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Cut a thin layer from bottom of artichokes to level if necessary. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the cheeses, pimientos, mayonnaise, half of the bacon, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon cheese mixture into each artichoke; top with remaining bacon. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with onions.