Pimiento & Cheese Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1/4 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons diced pimientos, divided
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 1. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add the cheese, mayonnaise, 3 teaspoons pimientos, mustard, onion, garlic, salt and pepper; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Garnish with remaining pimientos. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 stuffed egg half: 66 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pimiento & Cheese Deviled Eggs
"Outstanding recipe! I liked it much better than "regular" deviled eggs. I did not have a sweet onion, so I omitted it completely. The mustard was just a bit too spicy for me so I added about 1/2 tsp sugar. They were delicious and gone within a few minutes!!"