Pillow Potato Biscuits Recipe
I developed this recipe one evening while making "ordinary" biscuits. I had half a cup of potato flakes left in the box and I just added them to the dough. The biscuits came out of the oven as light and airy as pillows!
- 1/2 cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3 cups prepared biscuit mix
- Milk for biscuit tops, optional
- 1. Combine potato flakes, sugar, butter and hot water; mix well. Add cold water and biscuit mix, stirring until well-blended. Add a little more cold water if necessary to make a soft dough. Turn out on lightly floured surface; knead about 10 times. Roll dough to 1/2- to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with 2-in. biscuit cutter or jar lid. Place on ungreased baking sheet; brush with milk, if desired. Bake at 450° for about 13 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 12-18 biscuits, depending on thickness and size.
1 each: 100 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Pillow Potato Biscuits
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC