With a pleasant pumpkin flavor, caramel and almonds, this rich and creamy pudding from our Test Kitchen tastes decadent, but it's surprisingly light.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon fat-free whipped topping, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine milk and pumpkin. Add pudding mix; whisk for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 1/2 cup whipped topping.
- Spoon into two dessert dishes. Garnish with remaining whipped topping; drizzle with caramel topping and sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 117 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Originally published as Pilgrim Pudding in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005