Pilgrim Hat Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 7 drops yellow food coloring
- 32 miniature peanut butter cups
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) fudge-striped cookies
- 32 pieces orange mini Chiclets gum
- 1. In a small shallow bowl, combine frosting and food coloring. Remove paper liners from peanut butter cups.
- 2. Holding the bottom of a peanut butter cup, dip top of cup in yellow frosting. Position over center hole on the bottom of cookie, forming the hatband and crown. Add a buckle of Chiclets gum. Repeat with remaining cups and cookies. Yield: 32 cookies.
1 cookie: 130 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Pilgrim Hat Cookies
"Super easy and very cute. I used cut up fruit leather for the buckles."
"Super easy and very cute. Had 2 dozen of them done in about 15 minutes. Could not find Chiclets anywhere, but was able to find Tic Tacs in a color that worked perfectly."
"I made these with my kindergarten class. easy enough for them to follow instructions. They came out adorable, I used icing as well for the buckles. Kids gave recipe 5 stars, they devoured them and said "These are delicious!""
"Adorable! My kids had a blast making these and everyone enjoyed eating them."
"Very simple the 6 year old did these and had a lot of fun."
"Fun to make Thanksgiving morning with my 13 year old daughter while we watched the parade. Used plain white icing without the food coloring and looked just as good. Couldn't find Chiclets so cut slices of a Lifesaver Gummy and it worked great. Everyone loved them! They are our new Thanksgiving tradition!"
"I used mini m&m's and just picked out yellow and orange ones"