Piled-High Turkey Sandwiches
"The first time I ever had this dish was at the historic Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island in Michigan," recalls Prue Thompson of Stuart, Florida. "That was back in the 1950s, and this sandwich has been one of my favorites ever since."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 slices bread, toasted
- 4 slices deli turkey
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices red onion
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, sliced
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and halved
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, milk, parsley, chives and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Spread 1 tablespoon over each piece of toast. Top each with turkey, tomato, onion, egg and bacon. Dollop with remaining mayonnaise mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 356 calories, 26g fat (5g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 663mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Piled-High Turkey Sandwiches in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.