Piggies in Blankies
Iola Egle of McCook, Nebraska presents a pretty platter of franks nestled in sauerkraut and wrapped in tender biscuit blankets. They're easy to assemble and cost a mere 33 cents per "piggy".
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 pound hot dogs
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and water until a soft dough forms. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5-10 times. Roll dough into a 13-in. circle; cut into 10 wedges.
- Place 1 tablespoon sauerkraut on each wedge. Place a hot dog at the wide end; roll up each wedge tightly. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Heat remaining sauerkraut; serve with the hot dogs.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 254 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 1030mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Piggies in Blankies in Quick Cooking January/February 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.