Piggies in Blankies
Iola Egle of McCook, Nebraska presents a pretty platter of franks nestled in sauerkraut and wrapped in tender biscuit blankets. They're easy to assemble and cost a mere 33 cents per "piggy".
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 pound hot dogs
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and water until a soft dough forms. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5-10 times. Roll dough into a 13-in. circle; cut into 10 wedges.
- Place 1 tablespoon sauerkraut on each wedge. Place a hot dog at the wide end; roll up each wedge tightly. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Heat remaining sauerkraut; serve with the hot dogs.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 254 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 1030mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Piggies in Blankies in Quick Cooking January/February 1999