- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cheese and potato pierogies, thawed
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (about 10 ounces), thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with onion over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended. Gradually stir in broth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in pierogies and vegetables. Cook, uncovered, until heated through, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPierogi Beef Skillet
"Excellent meal for a week night. Done in half hour! Two weeks after I made it for the first time my son asked me when I was making the Pierogi dish again? This recipe will be a regular. I prefer the gravy to be a little less thick so I cut down to 2 TBSP flour(no need to drain beef). My pierogis and veggies frozen...no problem... just spoon juices over and cover for a few minutes. Still done in half hour! I forgot to add shredded cheddar both times, but it was never missed."
"This was not good. It was very bland & needs some seasoning. Perhaps some garlic salt & or Italian seasoning. The store bought pierogie were horrible! If I were to make it again, which is unlikely, I would use Schwans brand. They are so much bettet!Also the directions state to reserve 3 T. Of drippings but doesn't say why. I wonder if the pierogie are supposed to be pre-cooked prior to adding to the skillet ingredients. I would also try that if I were to make them again. Disappointing."
"easy, fast, surprisingly tasty, comfort food at its best. Be sure to have the pierogies thawed."
"I really liked this recipe. It's super easy and fast. The only thing I had a problem with was the timing after the perogies are added. In order to be heated through I needed to leave it on for at least 10-15 minutes. I added the perogies to the skillet and covered them with the meat sauce to get them cooked better. I used 3/4 cup of peas and carrots mixed and 3/4 cup of corn. This was the right amount for us. I think next time I will use 16 oz of beef stock just so it is a bit wetter to cook the perogies better. Thanks for this one."
"I made 1/2 a batch in case we didn't like it, I don't like east in my house. It was delicious. Will make full batch next time."
"This is really a good meal that is quick to make after coming home from a long work day. I didn't have mixed veggies on hand so just used frozen peas and also added some fresh mushrooms. I feel I should not give a 5 star rating since I didn't make the recipe as written but I would give it a 5 star with my changes. I will make again and use ingredients I have on hand..or follow the recipe as written. Can't go wrong either way! Very good the next day as well!!"
"So good. Made this tonight and it is a real comfort meal. My swaps were using potato and onion pierogi, and frozen corn and french style green beans. Definitely a keeper."
"Delicious! My husband and I loved it so much. The only thing I changed is not to add the cheese and I used just potato pierogis cause I don't like cheese of any kind. I will definitely make this again and again! Thanks for a wonderful recipe!"