"My family loves cheesecake," reports Rebekah Ann Snow, Star City, Arkansas. "One day, Grandpa decided a shake made from a piece of cheesecake would be extra wonderful. He was right!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/4 cups whipped topping
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR EACH SHAKE:
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add condensed milk and lemon juice; beat until thickened and blended. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into the crust. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Cut into eight pieces. For each shake, place one piece of cheesecake in a blender; add the additional ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into a chilled glass.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 448 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 271mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Piece-O-Cheesecake Shakes in Taste of Home June/July 1999