Picnic Rice Salad
My husband has grown rice, soybeans, cotton and maize on our farm, located on the Gulf Coast of Texas. I've tried to fix rice in many different ways to promote the rice industry. This is one of our favorite dishes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup French salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Leaf lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, salad dressing, salt and pepper. Fold into the rice mixture. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 301 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 854mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Picnic Rice Salad in Country Extra September 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.