Picnic Potato Chip Chicken
This crunchy chicken could always be found in the picnic basket Mom took to potlucks. For a little variety, try coating with barbecue-flavored potato chips.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 cups crushed ridged potato chips (any flavor)
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine potato chips and garlic powder. Dip chicken pieces in butter, then roll in potato chip mixture. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with any remaining butter and coating.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts10 ounce-weight: 858 calories, 62g fat (26g saturated fat), 215mg cholesterol, 613mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 52g protein.
Originally published as Picnic Potato Chip Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.