Picnic Potato Chip Chicken
This crunchy chicken could always be found in the picnic basket Mom took to potlucks. For a little variety, try coating with barbecue-flavored potato chips.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 cups crushed ridged potato chips (any flavor)
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine potato chips and garlic powder. Dip chicken pieces in butter, then roll in potato chip mixture. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with any remaining butter and coating.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts10 ounce-weight: 858 calories, 62g fat (26g saturated fat), 215mg cholesterol, 613mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 52g protein.
Originally published as Picnic Potato Chip Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook