This crunchy chicken could always be found in the picnic basket Mom took to potlucks. For a little variety, try coating with barbecue-flavored potato chips.
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups crushed ridged potato chips (any flavor)
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine potato chips and garlic powder. Dip chicken pieces in butter, then roll in potato chip mixture. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with any remaining butter and coating.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Picnic Potato Chip Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p31