Picnic Macaroni Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 8 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium tart green apples, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 12 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Pour over macaroni mixture; toss to coat.
- Top with egg slices; sprinkle with seafood seasoning. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 223 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 451mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 25, 2016
Makes a gigantic batch so it's great for potlucks. The only thing that I would change is to add just a tad more apple.
Nov 4, 2011
I have taken this to the church potluck fundraiser and it is always gone. They even make sure I am bringing it.