Picnic Cauliflower Salad
My family really enjoys this salad. It has a very tasty dressing, and it's different from the usual picnic fare.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 6 to 7 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, celery and pepper. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, salad dressing, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Sprinkle with paprika.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 112 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Cauliflower Salad in Country Extra March 1999