Picnic Beans with Dip
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makes1-2/3 cups dip
- 1 pound fresh green or wax beans
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Chill until serving.
- In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with beans for dipping.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 85 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat.
May 10, 2010
Loved it! I made this as our appetizer for Mother's Day.
Feb 2, 2010
This beans and dip combination is delicious! I wish I could get fresh wax beans, but so far I've made do with just the green ones.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.