Pickled Tomato Salad
I've been cooking for my family for 40 years and love to experiment with different recipes. You may want to add a can of kidney beans for variation.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon pickling spices, tied in a cheesecloth bag
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, green pepper, onion and basil; set aside. In a saucepan, bring remaining ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove pickling spices; cool to room temperature. Pour over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 97 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Pickled Tomato Salad in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.