Red wine vinegar plus the freshness of citrus and basil perk up marinated shrimp with hardly any prep. Serve over greens if you'd like a salad. —James Schend, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Featured In: Classy Appetizers for Your Oscars Party
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 medium lime, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Add shrimp, lemon, lime, onion, sliced basil and capers; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate, covered, up to 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, stir minced basil, salt and pepper into shrimp mixture. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 20 servings (1/2 cup each).
Originally published as Pickled Shrimp with Basil in Taste of Home February/March 2016, p53
Reviews forPickled Shrimp with Basil
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2016
"Super Bowl crowd loved this!"
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2016
"So fresh & flavorful!"