Fresh peach quarters soaked in vinegar, sugar and warm spices is a classic Southern treat. Serve with ice cream, pound cake, roasted meat and veggies or mix into your favorite salad greens.—Nick Iverson, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Recommended: Our Favorite Canning Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 24 whole peppercorns
- 18 whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced fresh gingerroot
- 12 medium peaches, peeled, pitted and quartered
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Divide cinnamon sticks, peppercorns, cloves and ginger slices among six hot pint jars; add peaches.
- In a large saucepan, bring sugar, vinegar and water to a boil. Carefully ladle hot liquid over peaches, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 15 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pickled Peaches in TasteofHome.com 2017