Pickled Green Onions
Whether you grow your own green onions or get them from the farmers market, these pickled green onions provide a unique and tasty treat. They're a delicious alternative to ordinary pickles on a relish tray.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 5 bunches green onions, trimmed
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add onions; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl; cool. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.