Here’s a festive, flavorful salad that comes together in a snap--perfect for time-crunched cooks. I love the contrasting tastes and textures of the beets, radishes, goat cheese and bacon.
Recommended: 54 Amazing Ways to Love Winter Veggies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pickled whole beets, drained and cut into wedges
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a large bowl, toss spinach, beets, onion and radishes; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Add vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, pepper and salt to bacon drippings; bring to a boil. Drizzle warm dressing over spinach and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Pickled Beet Salad with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p43