Pickle Pea Salad Recipe
- 7 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) peas, drained
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) dill pickle relish
- 1 pound cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (32 ounces) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Sliced hard-boiled large eggs, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and salt; mix well. Pour over pea mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in peanuts. Garnish with egg slices if desired. Yield: 50-55 servings (about 1/2 cup each).
1/2 cup: 215 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 369mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Pickle Pea Salad
"I LOVE this salad when SWEET PICKLE RELISH is substituted for the dill pickle relish."