Pickle Asparagus Salad Recipe
Asparagus is our favorite vegetable, so when it's in season, I try every possible way to prepare it. This attractive salad appears on our table often. Pickle juice gives the dressing a distinctive flavor. -Peggy Davies, Canon City, Colorado
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet pickle
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, sliced
- 1. Place the asparagus and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a bowl. Combine the pickle, oil, lemon juice, pickle juice, chives, salt and pepper; pour over asparagus and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Use a slotted spoon to serve the asparagus on lettuce-lined plates. Top with tomato and egg slices; drizzle with some of the dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 207 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Pickle Asparagus Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC