Picante Pork Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound boneless pork, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup picante sauce or additional salsa
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the pork and taco seasoning. Seal and shake to coat. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the onion, green pepper and celery; stir-fry until vegetables are tender. Add the salsa, picante sauce, water chestnuts and preserves. Cook until heated through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 335 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1010mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 7g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Mar 20, 2012
This is very similar to a recipe I have been making for years with Chicken breasts. It is just as good with pork. I used country style chops, salsa and apricot preserves to make the recipe for supper today. Loved it this way as well.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.