"I found this recipe around 10 years ago and added the picante sauce, vegetables and crunchy water chestnuts," says Margaret Morton of Eau Claire, Michigan. "I've used apricot preserves or orange marmalade in place of the peach preserves," she adds.
Recommended: Our Favorite Healthy Weeknight Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound boneless pork, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup picante sauce or additional salsa
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the pork and taco seasoning. Seal and shake to coat. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the onion, green pepper and celery; stir-fry until vegetables are tender. Add the salsa, picante sauce, water chestnuts and preserves. Cook until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Picante Pork Skillet in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p34
Reviews forPicante Pork Skillet
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review