Picante Pepper Relish
In addition to being served with different meats or fajitas, this zippy relish tastes terrific with corn chips.—Olivia Abrams, Canton, Texas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 4 to 5 serrano peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate. Serve as an accompaniment to meat and fajitas.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 16 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Picante Pepper Relish in Country Woman July/August 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.