- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Tomato slices and minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Pour the picante sauce into a lightly greased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with cheeses; set aside. In a blender, combine eggs and sour cream; cover and process until smooth. Pour over cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Garnish with tomato and cilantro if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPicante Omelet Pie
"Delicious! I did not have picante sauce, so I used a thinner salsa. I will definitely make this again."
"This is my husband's favorite overnight breakfast casserole. For the cheeses I use: 1/4 c. medium cheddar, 1/4 c. sharp cheddar, and 1/2 c. pepper jack. Then I add some green chiles on top of the cheeses (buy whole and cut yourself for best chiles). YUM! Oftentimes cut the sour cream in half and don't really notice any significance difference other than calories consumed. Plus, this is a VERY easy and quick recipe. Great for company. I too find that I need to double cooking time."
"This is a great, quick recipe with one fault: it always takes much longer to cook than the recipe calls for, at least double the time and longer (as I type this, it has been in the oven 50 minutes and still it has not set). Then the edges get overcooked. Otherwise, it is very tasty and a crowd pleaser."
"This has become my favorite egg dish! I serve it at brunches with other egg dishes and this is the one that gets the compliments and recipe requests. I'm not into spicey food and the picante sauce just gives it a nice warmth. Instead of the jack and cheddar cheese, I buy cheddar jack cheese."