- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, ketchup, parsley, soy sauce, onion, garlic powder and pepper. Add cracker crumbs. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a skillet, brown meatballs over medium heat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce, chili sauce, picante sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice. Cook and stir until cranberry sauce is melted and mixture is heated through. Pour over meatballs. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve over noodles if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPicante Cranberry Meatballs
"i didn't like them. edible, but won't make again. odd flavor - think it was the chili sauce part i didn't like."
"Excellent! know to me the sauce was not to sweet at all. Just perfect for me and my family. We much rather it over white rice than the noodles. Overall great recipe."
"This would also make a great-tasting meatloaf."
"Very good, but too sweet. I doubled the recipe for extra sauce, so next time I will omit the brown sugar and add some extra picante and some red pepper flakes, overall tho very gud!!!"