Picante Broccoli Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- Flour tortillas, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Add the chicken, broccoli, tomato, cheese, onion and peppers; toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve with tortillas.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 210 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Jan 30, 2019
Fantastic recipe. I added more veggies...baby cucumber, shredded carrots, and chopped red cabbage. Loved the dressing. Next time I may add black beans to the mix. Had it with low carb, whole wheat flat bread. It's a keeper, for sure.
Dec 8, 2011
I modify this recipe by using 1/2 roasted red sweet pepper, omitting the green pepper, and reducing the broccoli to 1 cup. I place the chicken mixture on top of room temperature tortillas, roll them up and slice them into three sections and chill before serving.
Jun 20, 2010
Super easy, tasty and even the kids like veggies this way.
Jan 17, 2010
My husband and family really like this salad even as a main course. Anyone I have ever made this for really likes it also. I often triple or quadruple the batch and we will have it for lunches for the week!
Aug 18, 2009
My husband and I really love this chicken salad.