This versatile recipe is great when the whole family is hungry, but I'm too tired to cook. Serve the spicy, sweet meat mixture over rice or in flour tortillas.—Lois Davis, Clarkson, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, apple, raisins and seasonings; mix well. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Originally published as Picadillo in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book